30-Minute Safety Assemblies for Grades K-2 and 3-5
Grades K-2: Beeps
The star of this 30-minute assembly is Beeps, an animated robotic car that entertains and educates K-2 students about bicycle and pedestrian safety. Beeps helps young students learn how to be safe around traffic.
Download the Beeps Activity Book.
Puzzles, crosswords, and coloring fun!
Friendly, funny, and engaging, Beeps is spreading the word about bicycle and pedestrian safety to elementary school children all over Central and East Contra Costa County.
- Traffic signals and street signs
- Stop, Look, and Listen
- Wearing a helmet and basic bike safety
- School-specific safety messages
Grades Grades 3-5: Heads Up!
Heads Up! is an engaging 30-minute assembly, featuring video clips and demonstrations to teach students the importance of wearing a helmet while riding bikes, skateboards, and scooters.
Preview a sample of the Heads Up! video presentation.
Heads Up! features video clips, music, and demonstrations to teach bike safety and the importance of wearing a helmet while riding bikes, skateboards and scooters.
- Everyone wears helmets: athletes, workers, even celebrities!
- Helmets protect important brain functions – with demonstrations by student volunteers
- Rules of the Road for Bicycling: riding with the flow of traffic, observing signs, making eye contact with drivers, using hand signals, and more